Nick Bottaro, DO, MPH
Dr. Bottaro specializes in cataract surgery and comprehensive ophthalmology. He brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in cataract surgery and comprehensive ophthalmology to Newsom Eye.
After completing a dual bachelor’s degree in biochemistry and cellular physiology, Dr. Bottaro continued his education at Duke University and Lake Erie College of Medicine, graduating with his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine and a master’s degree in Healthcare Administration. He later received master’s degrees in Business Administration and Public Health. His education and experience allow him to provide expert care and outstanding patient satisfaction. Dr. Bottaro wants each patient to feel at home and makes their comfort his priority. Outside of his clinical work, Dr. Bottaro is dedicated to medical outreach through numerous mission trips. Since 2006, he has spent time in Jamaica, Honduras and Haiti, where he started an orphanage and medical clinic to provide cataract surgery and eye care.
Born and raised in Manchester, Connecticut, Dr. Bottaro moved to Florida twelve years ago. In his free time, he enjoys boating, scuba diving and fishing with his daughter and two sons.
- Residency in Ophthalmology, HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine GME Programs: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Ophthalmology Residency Program, New Port Richey, FL
- Transitional Year Residency Program, St. Petersburg General Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton, FL
- Masters in Business Administration, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Masters in Healthcare Services Administration, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton, FL
- Masters in Public Health, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C, VA
- Bachelor of Science, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Steubenville, OH
- Bachelor of Science, Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- DocMJ – Greatest Contribution to Service 2018 Physician’s Award, Education Award 2019
- Class of 2016 Humanitarian and Outreach Award
- Student Ambassador Scholarship
- Academic Excellence in Healthcare Administration
- Sigma Sigma Phi Osteopathic Honors Society
- Florida Medical Education Dean’s Conference Invitation