Daniel Ochs, OD
Dr. Ochs specializes in comprehensive eye exams, contact lens fittings, dry eye treatment, pre-operative and post-operative surgical eye care and ocular disease management.
Dr. Ochs completed his one-year residency training with Newsom Eye under the supervision of Dr. Eric Fazio, Medical Director of Optometry and adjunct professor of Newsom Eye’s accredited one-year residency program with Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania. This program provides an emphasis on pre-operative and post-operative management of cataract and refractive surgery in addition to management of ocular disease.
Certified in Alcon Excimer and Intralase Femtosecond lasers, Dr. Ochs has been a co-investigator in research for collagen cross-linking and Alcon ReSTOR® cataract lenses.
Having grown up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Dr. Ochs is an avid sports fan. He enjoys running, cycling, fishing, golfing and spending time with his family.
- Residency in Ocular Disease, Refractive and Ocular Surgery, Newsom Eye, Tampa, FL
- Doctorate of Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Salus University, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship, Primary Care and Specialty Contact Lens Fitting, Envision Eye Care, Pittsburgh, PA
- Externship, Ocular Disease, Wilmington VA Medical Center, Wilmington, NC
- Internship, Primary Care, The Eye Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship Primary Care and Contact Lens Fitting, Optometric Care, Pittsburgh, PA
- Externship, Cataract Surgery Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Care, Associates in Ophthalmology, Pittsburgh, PA
- Bachelor of Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- American Board of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association