Michael J. Chermak, OD
Dr. Michael J. Chermak is an optometrist that specializes in ocular disease management, pre-operative and post-operative surgical eye care, dry eye treatment, contact lens fittings and comprehensive eye exams. He is known not just for his clinical expertise but also for his dedication to patient education and his fervent pursuit of the latest advancements in eye care technology. He embodies a patient-first approach that is evident in his meticulous attention to detail and his commitment to personalized care.
Outside the clinic, Dr. Chermak is an ardent supporter of community service, particularly with a focus on emergency care, as reflected in his volunteer work at marathons and ski patrol. His leisure activities mirror his professional commitment to well-being, with interests that include an array of outdoor pursuits from skiing to hiking, underscoring his appreciation for nature and active living.
- Doctor of Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, where he honed his skills in ocular disease treatment and management, particularly during his residency at the Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Keystone College, graduating Summa Cum Laude, which laid the foundational knowledge critical to his optometric expertise.
- Residency at Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center focusing on ocular disease treatment and management.
- Clinical experience in comprehensive eye exams, glasses and contacts fitting, and management of various ocular conditions.
- Multiple internships with focuses on primary care optometry, neuro-ophthalmic disease, ocular disease management, and specialty contact lens fitting.
- Research Assistant at Keystone College in wildlife forensic science.
- American Optometric Association
- An active contributor to optometric research and a leader among his peers, having held presidency and treasurer roles in student government during his academic tenure.